A global life insurer wishing to centralise finance functions and introduce a culture of continuous improvement.
- Transform and centralise the finance function to a single UK site.
- Cut costs and introduce continuous improvement.
- Reduce lead time for financial reporting.
What MBE did
- Introduced operations management principles and tools.
- Engaged the finance team in continuous improvement.
- Trained finance leads and team members in Lean methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Provided consultancy support to process improvement projects.
- Reduced time to produce financial reports by 30%.
- Improved communications and day-to-day delivery through the application of sound operations management.
- A culture of continuous improvement resulting in reduced waste, overtime and overall headcount.
- No missed deadlines and no overtime costs.
- Increased data quality and responsiveness score from 60 to 100%.